Hioki portable battery testers support the maintenance of UPS and storage batteries critical to the life support of all businesses. The BT3554-50 battery internal resistance tester sets the standard for assessing the deterioration and remaining life of UPS and other lead-acid batteries by giving a complete diagnosis via battery resistance testing. The specially designed L2020 Pin Type Lead further improves testing efficiency with an L-shaped tip that lets you reach deep into the battery racks to completely probe the terminals.
• Battery measurement can be performed while the battery is connected to its host device, without taking it offline
• Measure and save data in as fast as 2 seconds, a 60% improvement from the legacy 3554
• Instantaneously diagnose battery degradation (PASS, WARNING, FAIL) by measuring internal resistance and voltage*1
• Noise reduction technology improves noise resistance
• Screen and audio*2 guidance simplifies measurement
• Measurement data is linked to site information and saved, reducing management man-hours
• A variety of measurement data can be centrally managed using Hioki’s GENNECT Cross app*3
• New protector delivers better ergonomic hold and durability in the field.
*1: The thresholds for determining the pass/fail condition of a battery depends on the specifications and standards of the battery manufacturer, battery type, capacity, etc. It is important and necessary to always conduct battery testing against the internal resistance and terminal voltage of a new or reference battery. In some cases, it may be difficult to determine the deterioration state of traditional open type (liquid) lead-acid or alkaline batteries which demonstrate smaller changes in internal resistance than sealed lead acid batteries.
*2: Audio generated by Bluetooth®-connected device.
*3: Data can be downloaded to tablets and smartphones using Hioki’s dedicated apps available from the Google Play or App Store. (When using the Z3210)