The VCi-3™ system is designed for cable and phase identification, mainly for installation or maintenance purposes on three-phase electrical networks during power shutdowns.
The transmitter module injects a low current on the cable conductors by direct contact or magnetic clamps methods. A voice message is recorded by the user and will be transmitted along with digital signals. Groundings stay connected at both ends of the three-phase circuit during the test. The detector module is used at the other end of the cable system.
• Unique balanced injection system that eliminates signal bleeding on other wires
• Three different frequencies to identify each phase
• Easy to install and operate
• Extended range: up to 10 km (6 miles) of working distance
• Tone transmission for more than 8 hours
• Lightweight and compact
• Optional magnetic sensing transducer
• Phase detection by transmitter tone presence or absence
• Digital filtering of network harmonics
• Unique dual grounded method